Health insurance coverage is one of the smartest, best investments you can make for yourself and your family.
Nobody plans to get sick or become injured, but medical care and attention are required at some point for most people. Health insurance can save you from significant financial losses that could completely change your life for the worse. Of course, health insurance is not only for when you are sick or hurt, though you will be happy you have it when you are. Health insurance offers many other important and helpful benefits. Healthy people need to seek medical help, too.
Continue reading to learn more about how you can utilize your health insurance coverage below.
Utilizing Your Health Insurance Coverage
Stay In-Network with Providers
Avoid unexpected medical bills by understanding how your plan works. Certain choices, such as the provider you select or the hospital you visit, can affect how much you will pay out-of-pocket. Before you schedule, make sure you know the difference between in-network and out-of-network providers and care to help you save on healthcare expenses.
Attend your Preventive Care Appointments
While each health insurance policy varies from the next, you’ll usually find some sort of preventative care services that are often covered 100%. A few examples of these types of appointments include:
- Annual Check-Up or Physical — This is where your primary care physician will check out all aspects of your health, physical, mental, and emotional. This can help detect any health issues early and answer any of your questions. For most adults, this is covered once yearly and, for children, the schedule varies.
- Colonoscopy — This is typically covered once every ten years for those over 50 (though there are exceptions) and is a screening for colon cancer.
- Flu Shot — This can help protect you from certain strains of the flu.
- Other Vaccinations — Vaccinations such as mumps, measles, polio, rubella, etc., are covered at 100% and are usually administered during childhood.
- Mammogram — This is a once per year appointment, after age 40, where medical professionals will take routine X-rays of breast tissue to check for any abnormalities, such as cancer.
Make the Most of a Maxed Out Deductible
You will find that after you have met your deductible in many plans, you will pay a lot less out of pocket for any healthcare you use after that point. If you have met your deductible for the year, now is the time to schedule other appointments for services you have wanted to get done at a decreased cost.
Need Health Insurance? Contact the Experts at Bear River Mutual Insurance
Health insurance offers countless benefits, and you should utilize every bit you can. If you require health insurance or another type of coverage, such as home, auto, renters, earthquake, or life, contact the professionals at Bear River Mutual Insurance. Our knowledgeable and experienced team can help you find an affordable plan that will protect you and your family. We have three convenient locations throughout the Wasatch Front in Orem, Provo, and Salt Lake City. Contact us today for all of your insurance coverage needs.